Saturday 9 October 2010

Character Design - Influence Map

Would have made one sooner, but I was actually quite stuck at first on what to put on it. So this is my influence map which can be used as a starting point for designing my own three characters.



To clarify, my themes were mythical and space opera.
So on this map I have collected images of Greek statues and drawings, a few stills from Jason ad the Argonauts, Star Trek and Galaxy Quest characters. Two film stills from a film I watched recently; Things to Come (1936), which featured clothing that looked like it was a cross between Greek/Roman, but still futuristic. Lastly there's also a small picture of the X-Men, cartoon series.

So these are some of the things I think I will use to influence my own characters styles and shapes. I could have looked at mythical beasts as well. In fact I may even do another map for just that.

That's it for now, I've just finished week threes Maya tasks, so I'll be putting them up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment