Monday 2 November 2009

The Knight and the Hunter


Here is the Maya street so far. It was very time consuming but straightforward.










I have spent today creating an essay plan for 'The Dark Knight'. I've found a book which should have some useful stuff, and another which is reserved. I've also done a little bit of research on the internet, trying to find stuff related to the design and came out with an interview with Nathan Crowley the production designer for The Dark Knight. I watched it but it turned out to be rather short (under a minute). Which was disappointing. I was hoping that there would have been more on pre production of the DVD extras but most of it was on the actual filming of some sequences. Again quite disappointing but hopefully with an essay plan I should be able to work around the problems. Here is a basic plan of what I've come up with so far. It may change slightly.





I've watched Night of the Hunter today. I enjoyed it although it took a while to get into. I didn't think it was a particularly weird film. Perhaps it might have been at the time. it was slightly humorous in places too. perhaps that would have been different fifty years ago too. There
were a lot of scenes which used shadows and silhouettes which at times made it creepy. When the two children were in the barn I was just waiting for the preacher to come, riding on his horse. According to IMDB, that particular shot used clever perspective and was actually a midget on a pony much closer to the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment