Monday 23 May 2011

Work Experience - The Final Week

It's been a busy few weeks. We've been working on two projects at the same time. Swapping between the two every few days it seems. Although for both I have been using particle effects, which have proven to be a right pain. All my particle disk caches have been over 50 gigabytes and is not very handy when backing up files. I have had to keep excluding them from the backups. That, and separating things in render layers and composting in AE, has become ever so confusing.

Anyway, one of the projects is a company re branding party in the form of a projection in a church. Lots of particle and geometry effects needed for this. I should be able to blog this soon, but if not I'm sure you can wait until this Thursday when I present my work at the crit and talk about my experiences.

The other project is to create some visuals (in my case, particle based visuals) for another company. Again this is all going to be shown at the crit. But just to give a little detail without showing anything, the task is creating some musicy visuals with particles, emitting and or morphing etc. This has proven to be the most complicated and frustrating stuff I've worked on over work experience. It's all fun until things start playing up, or renders fail. Ok, I'm blaming my tools again! I guess it's all part of the learning experience, some things just work first time while other things constantly fail.

At some point this week I will be sending an email to Pete with some questions about Butch Auntie and forming a post about the company I've been working for.

A Flock of Pixels.

No comments:

Post a Comment