Today I've been drawing my characters front and side views along side each other, so it doubles up as a size comparison.
I started off by drawing the basic skeleton.
My first attempt on the villains skeleton wasn't so successful, (it just looked like a stretched person) which is why I decided on not giving it any legs. As you can see, she now has a snake like body.
I then traced over the character with all the details. The villain is wearing a long dress anyway, so it doesn't change the character that much, other than it looks like she has a tail. She's alien anyway, but to us she is basically half human half snake.
I am still reluctant to call these the final orthographs but for now, they are. At least until I can draw something better. I think it looks like the middle character is leaning forward and about to topple over and in the front view his head looks like he is looking down. The villain seems very bland at the moment, which is not a good sign.
I've done a simple schedule for the rest of the project and all I can say is that there's not much time left to do anything. I am going to take a short break from essay writing until character design is over. Which is in about 9 days and 14 hours time!