Saturday 2 October 2010

All maya tasks from week 1 and 2

It's taken a while but I've finished both the lip sync tutorials and the car modeling tutorial.

For the first lip sync tutorial we were only concerned with the jaw bounce. This accounts for about 50% of a good lip sync.



In the second tutorial it was taken it a bit further to get the basic mouth shapes in place. Known as Phonemes. The second part of the sentence was the most tricky. As he talks very fast, it was proving difficult to get the mouth movements to fit in and look right. I'm still not happy with the second sentence but am happy with how the first part came out.



Then there were the car modeling tutorials. Although tricky too. This is the first attempt at modeling a car. I found it more time consuming than anything else. The first part was just blocking out the basic shape. Although we did have to set up orthographic views of the car in Maya first. This took longer than I expected, but was worth the effort.



In the second part we took the front of the car a bit further. A lot of detail was added, whilst keeping the edge flow as clean as possible. This again took longer than expecting. It's what I've been doing all day. Once car modeling becomes more natural and when I'm not following tutorials at the same time, I hope that the process will become much quicker.




I think it's looking pretty good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment