Wednesday 16 December 2009

Research

Today I started to think about a time and place to set my scene as my previous tests were generic. I've decided on setting it in an old Tudor style house but in the present day. I chose this type of house as it allows for more intricate details and a lot of modern stuff is kept simple and plain. However it is set in the present day so it doesn't necessarily have to be filled with old fashioned furniture. After that was decided, Ive been collecting images of different style of furniture that would be found in the house. I'm setting my scene in a dining room.

I did another simple test in Maya before starting some visual research.



I looked as different tables, chairs, radiators, rugs, clocks and wall candle stick holders. I found over forty images in total and here are just a few...

I would like to use beams like these in my dining room.




I found a few interesting styles of bookcases. Here are the most unusual. whether or not something like this would look right in my scene, I don't know.








I was also deciding whether or not to have radiator's open or covered by a cabinet.


I've looked a different styles of tables.


I was shocked to find what the first result of typing rug into Google images was.



3 comments:

  1. an uncanny Hitler rug! God bless Google! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All,

    Go onto MyUCA and check out the class files that would have been for today – Its Merry Christmas fun with Fur!!! Watch the videos and see what you can come up with. I’ll give you a full explanation in the New Year.

    Merry Christmas everybody.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ethan! Hope you had a good christmas...
    How is the project going? Looking forward to seeing the latest work on your blog soon! :)

    ReplyDelete