Monday 19 October 2009

The Start of a Busy Week!

I've done some sketching of myself and also another variation on what I want my final portrait to look like.

So here are the rough sketches of me. one looking good and one looking evil. (not intentional)





this third sketch is probably how I want my final piece to look like. Obviously I haven't thought much about colour and background yet.



I do have some simple Photoshop examples. Only done roughly with some photos.






Going back to the third sketch, it bears some resemblance to cubism style paintings. Just a few examples I found in a book entitled 'The Cubist Epoch' by Douglas Cooper.
Both have very cubic buildings.

Robert Delaunay

'The City Seen From an Open Window
'
1911




Fernand leger

'Houses Among Trees'

1914




The rest of this week is going to be really busy. I've got an almost finished essay and just need to really concentrate on getting a final portrait together.

No comments:

Post a Comment