Saturday 26 February 2011

Transcription - Modelling the bear (and Question for Alan)

I've started blocking out the bear character for my animation.







So far the main body is blocked out. He is missing his hands/paws, and the soles of his feet though.

Here's the drawings I'm modelling from. I've lengthened the legs slightly to enable better control for walking etc.


The head is in the process of being modelled, although I've been finding it tricky to figure out the correct flow of geometry. Unfortunately his ears aren't by the side of his face, so I can't follow the basic human head edge flow. I can't even follow a CG bear model as I can only find realistic CG bears, i.e. my bears neck is coming out of the top, where as a standard four legged bear has his neck coming out from the front.
I have a rough idea how it should work, but am not totally sure.





Alan, if you could take a look at this and see if I'm going in the right direction, or if not, tell me where I'm going wrong, I would be most grateful.


The second animatic is on its way!

A Flock of Pixels.

No comments:

Post a Comment