Thursday 25 March 2010

Three Different Bouncing Balls

Here are my attempts at bouncing three different balls. Not all at the same time though.

The quality of the scanned images is rather faint. Either I'm not pressing hard when putting pencil to paper, or the scanner is useless. I did try to improve the quality, but there are some frames when the ball vanishes completely because I assume the scanner just couldn't read the drawings easily. You get the basic Idea of movement at least.

The first is the rubber ball. I do realise that there is no squash and stretch as you would expect from a rubber ball, but I was paying more attention to time and movement. The second is a ping pong ball and the third is a bowling ball. Oh... and its hitting a wall not a pin if you're wondering why the bowling ball bounces straight off.



The sequence of images are being played back at 25 frames per second (FPS). I exported both a 12 and 25 to see the speed difference. I would have uploaded both versions except Youtube refused the 12 FPS version. Although I thought I was animating at 12 FPS, it was actually too slow anyway.

Looking forward to tomorrows session.

No comments:

Post a Comment